Our focus remains on students performing in the entertainment industry. Troupes encourage students to further experience in performing whilst gaining confidence, positive self-esteem, persistence, self-discipline and team work.
Our performance teams have recently performed at:
– Disneyland, USA (2008, 2011, 2014)
– Walt Disney World, USA (2011)
– Christmas Star Queen Street Mall dancers (2013)
– Lord Mayor’s Carols in the City (Channel 10) (2011, 2012, 2013)
– Lord Mayor’s Carols in the City (Channel 9) (2014, 2015)
– David Jones Christmas performers and promotional (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
– Community events & Eisteddfods
plus many more…
Our Students Have Been Accepted Into
– Queensland Dance School of Excellence (Dance stream) – Queensland Dance School of Excellence (Ballet stream)
– Australian Dance Performance Institute
– Ministry of Dance
– ED5 International
– Queensland Ballet pre-professional year
– Scholarship week Australian Ballet School
… Plus many more
The CAPA Showcase is a celebration of the performing arts and achievement for all CAPA students held in term 4. Every student from our tiniest performers making their stage debut, though to our advanced and even adult performers are invited to take a journey that will have a positive, long-lasting impact. This is definitely the highlight of the CAPA year for all students involved!
All students have maintained high exam results, with CAPA achieving 100% pass in classical ballet (Cecchetti & RAD), jazz (CSTD) and tap (GWT) international examinations.